Last updated on August 3rd, 2021 at 05:06 am
Women Eye Care Tips
Women Eye Care Tips – Unitedgenericchemist
The eyes are a sensitive part of the body and need proper care. Sometimes, women contract eye infections from improperly using a glassesmart eye lens or neglecting the health of their eyes. As a result, contaminations start to deposit that can hinder the vision or even lead to blindness in extreme cases. However, there are some simple ways to ensure good eye health with some steps. You can follow these rules consistently to keep eye infections at bay. Also, these steps allow you to wear any contact lenses without the fear of contaminating the eye.
The first step to maintaining proper eye health is to keep your lenses clean. If you wear disposable contact lenses, you do not need to clean them every day. These lenses are for one-time use only, and you can throw them away after using them once. However, long-term wear lenses such as weekly, monthly, and yearly contacts need proper cleaning every day.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before touching your contact lenses. It is preferable to use a fragrance-free soap to avoid any irritation. Also, make sure to remove any soapy film from your hands as it can sting your eyes and blur the vision.
- Dry the water from your hands properly with a clean and lint-free fabric. You can also use disposable tissue rolls to dry your hands.
- If you want to put makeup on your face, do the eyes before putting in your lenses. Also, try to put mascara away from the roots of your lashes. It can prevent the fall out of mascara from entering the eye and irritating it.
- Use the lens care products recommended by specialists and your doctor. Glassesmart offers high-quality lens solutions at affordable rates. Also, avoid putting eye drops after using lenses as they can interact with your lens solution.
- Avoid putting water in your eyes when using contact lenses. Water often consists of bacterial colonies that can infect your eyes and start to grow on the lens surface. Hence, doctors advise using disinfecting products and solutions to remove debris and bacterial growth from lenses.
- Carefully remove the buildup from your contact lenses before putting them in the eye. Pour a few drops of your disinfecting or lens solution in the palm of your hand. Place the lens facing upwards and add a few more drops. Use your index finger to gently rub each side of the lens and clean the surface. This practice helps remove any debris and keeps the lens surface clean.
- Only use the tip of your fingers to handle the lenses and avoid contact with any part of the skin.
- Lens cases can start accumulating contamination and debris over time. Also, it can become a breeding ground for bacteria. Therefore, change your case every few months and place your lenses in the fresh one.
These tips can help keep your eyes safe and free from any infections. Another way to contract bacteria and contaminations is through wearing lenses the wrong way. Hence, try to follow the recommended ways to wear your contacts lenses.
Tips Before wearing Contact Lens
Some tips to keep in mind when wearing contacts are as follows:
- Wear your lenses according to the duration mentioned on the packaging and do not wear them past the expiry date.
- Do NOT wear someone else’s contact lenses as they can pose a risk of cross-contamination.
- Remember to take out your contact lenses before going to bed and place them in a fresh lens solution.
- Incorporate rewetting drops in your routine to avoid dryness and irritation in the eyes.
- Avoid using contact lenses in an infected eye. It can worsen your eye infection and contaminate the contact lens.
These tips and tricks can help keep your eyes safe and healthy. Also, these rules are essential to follow if you are a frequent contact lens wearer.